The texture is like banana bread, just a little less sweet.
** Chocolate zuchinni bread **
– 2 Large zuchinnis, grated (Take off the skin if you don’t want green bits in yours like mine has – as pictured)
– 1 cup flour (Use GF if you want)
– 1/2 cup almond meal
– 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
– 1/2t baking soda
– 1/4t salt
– 1t cinnamon
– 2T Raw honey
– 2 eggs
– 100g unsalted butter, softened
– 1t vanilla powder
– Chia seeds to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, grease loaf tin.
2. Melt butter & honey on med heat & let cool for 5 mins then add the eggs to this mixture.
3. combine both flours, cacao, baking soda, salt & cinnamon in large bowl.
4. Combine the wet mixture with the grated zuchinni then slowly add in the dry ingredients, then beat with a hand mixer, until all ingredients are well combined. -TASTE THE BATTER; adjust flavours if you must.
5. Pour mixture into greased loaf tin and sprinkle chia seeds on top.
6. Bake in oven for 50 mins or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Contributed by: Christie Collins