1 cup – flour
1 Tsp – Baking powder
3/4 Tsp – Baking soda
2/3 cup – Powdered sugar
1/4 cup – Soft Butter
18-20 dates soaked in 1/4 cup of water for an hour
1/4 cup – milk
For Caramel Sauce Icing
3 tbsp – Butter
1/4 cup – Sugar
100ml – Cream
- Sift dry ingredients and keep aside.
- In another bowl , churn the soaked dates with milk to make a smooth paste .
- Add dry ingredients to sugar and butter mixed (little at a time) whisking continuously.
- Add milk if required.
- Bake at 180c .
- Let the cake cool.
- Mix all ingredients of “Icing”.Heat the mixture for 5-7 mins on a low flame to form a light brown caramel sauce.
- Drizzle caramel sauce before serving.
Recipe contributed by: Dr. Priyanka Borole